This is the personal blog of Adam J. Schirling, the founder and editor-in-chief of Drunken Absurdity, a revolutionary ezine. For the best in alternative literature, poetry, art, movies and more go to www.drunkenabsurdity.com. This blog is strictly for my personal rants, some dirty pics, and the occasional cool story or sweet tunes.

A true hero, the loyal military spouse....

>> Saturday, February 11, 2012

I wish I would have had one of those. Instead, I came home from my 3rd combat tour in 3 years to an empty trashed house, and no wife or children. I will never  forgive that disgrace. No one should ever come home from war to an empty house and bottle of scotch. It is sad that so many treacherous military wives give the amazing ones such a bad name.


The night before the burial of her husband 2nd Lt. James Cathey of the United States Marine Corps, killed in Iraq, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of him, and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. "I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it" she said. "I think that's what he would have wanted".

-Not sure what is more honorable: Being married to this faithful wife to the end, or the Marine standing next to the casket watching over them, or both.


1 comments:

VL Sheridan February 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM  

I guess that's a true example of Seimpre Fi". God Bless them all.

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
New England, United States
Freelance writer and poet. Founder and Editor in Chief of Drunken Absurdity. President of Drunken Absurdity LLC

About This Blog

All media displayed on this site is the property of the originators, and I hold ownership only over my own media and those of Drunken Absurdity LLC






  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP