This is the personal blog of Adam J. Schirling, the founder and editor-in-chief of Drunken Absurdity, a revolutionary ezine. For the best in alternative literature, poetry, art, movies and more go to www.drunkenabsurdity.com. This blog is strictly for my personal rants, some dirty pics, and the occasional cool story or sweet tunes.

A birthday message from the desk of Adam Schirling

>> Sunday, January 29, 2012


wow, it has been quite the year.

With the one year anniversary of Drunken Absurdity next month, I thought I would go over some facts:

*Drunken Absurdity averages 400 unique visitors a day
*We have had 56 featured writers & poets, some of whom are the most well recognized names in AltLit
*We sold a little over 400 dollars worth of merchandise, our 1st merch order, in 3 weeks last month
* This site, which is my personal blog and not Drunken Absurdity, has a little under 70,000 views from appx. 46,000 unique visitors. Once again, just my personal blog which I could really give a fuck if people read or not, and exists for my sole amusement.
*By end of summer, we will be fully converted to print magazine, first quarterly then monthly, and will have our 1st short film out, as well as our 1st anthology.

And yet with all this awesome truth, some people still wish to attack our little humble experiment. And I welcome their chastising and heckling, it it music to my ears. Everytime you click on our URL, even if it is to talk shit, it strengthens and empowers us. I am generally amused people would think that some heckling would bother me; I have pissed off enough people in my life to populate a small nation and am quite proud of that. The list is long yet distinguished, like my dick. As I have stated before, if there is someone who would like to comment on what I do, for positive or negative my email is drunkenabsurdity@gmail.com

Thanks for the great first year of Drunken Absurdity, and I look forward to seeing you all, supporters and hecklers included, in the upcoming year. Keep up all the fan mail, support, and submissions.

3 comments:

VL Sheridan January 30, 2012 at 11:56 AM  

Proud to be a small part of this. It can only get better!!!

Newttylicious January 30, 2012 at 2:27 PM  

I want to be a subscriber to print and will even possibly be a film critic if you let me good sir.

Unknown February 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM  

Congrats on the impressive, numbers, Adam... No small task. I know...

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
New England, United States
Freelance writer and poet. Founder and Editor in Chief of Drunken Absurdity. President of Drunken Absurdity LLC

About This Blog

All media displayed on this site is the property of the originators, and I hold ownership only over my own media and those of Drunken Absurdity LLC






Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP