This is the personal blog of Adam J. Schirling, the founder and editor-in-chief of Drunken Absurdity, a revolutionary ezine. For the best in alternative literature, poetry, art, movies and more go to www.drunkenabsurdity.com. This blog is strictly for my personal rants, some dirty pics, and the occasional cool story or sweet tunes.

Happy Veterans Day to all REAL vets

>> Friday, November 11, 2011

You know, those of us that actually picked the most dangerous job, and fought for our country. Happy Veterans Day to those of us that didn't shower for 6 weeks at a time, who had nothing to eat besides stale poptarts and hot water in between 6 hour foot patrols in 120 degree heat. Not the 99% that joined the military and spent the past decade on one big vacation, traveling over Europe and Asia partying, earning all 4 of your ribbons. The assholes who like to wear their uniform home and tell bullshit stories about places they have never been.You people can go to hell. My friends and I earned our place in history.



2 comments:

Unknown November 11, 2011 at 9:32 AM  

I absolutely love you Adam, and know where you're coming from - but EVERYONE who joined did so with no idea where they would end up or what they'd be doing. We ALL made the decision to sacrifice our time and freedom to serve. A lot of us, myself included, WISH we would have been able to do even more. I really appreciate all you've done and sacrificed yourself - you're a good dude.

Adam J. Schirling November 11, 2011 at 11:31 AM  

I of course was not speaking on women in the service dear girl. Our military does not allow female infantry, so any woman who joins has my respect as a person doing what's much harder then expected by society. I speak of the spineless 'men' I have come across in the navy and Marine Corps who have gone out of their way to avoid any sttenous or dangerous service while being the first to brag and stick up bumper stickers and pretend to be one of us. I have a big problem with them. A very big problem. People who join very clear on the fact they want college money and to see the world, have an easy job, and get out proud to have served are ok in my book.

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
New England, United States
Freelance writer and poet. Founder and Editor in Chief of Drunken Absurdity. President of Drunken Absurdity LLC

About This Blog

All media displayed on this site is the property of the originators, and I hold ownership only over my own media and those of Drunken Absurdity LLC






Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP