This is the personal blog of Adam J. Schirling, the founder and editor-in-chief of Drunken Absurdity, a revolutionary ezine. For the best in alternative literature, poetry, art, movies and more go to www.drunkenabsurdity.com. This blog is strictly for my personal rants, some dirty pics, and the occasional cool story or sweet tunes.

LAAAAME

>> Friday, October 7, 2011

I have appreciated the requests from former Navy and Marine buddies of mine to join them in training for triathalons, warrior dashes, Tough Mudder, half marathons, etc etc etc. No doubt they recall the Schirlings extreme former commitment to staying in superior shape.

But here is a heads up guys: MY job at the time, depended on such things. I have no desire to do that anymore. It isnt necessary to spend 6 hours in the gym and on the road every day. But I understand their desire to keep the mentality we all had in those Iraq days.

But the people who never lived that lifestyle with us........what the fuck are you doing?? Do you really feel some desire to affirm your manhood because you have never had to actually do hard things in your life? Prove that your not just some loser grocery store clerk,or pussy accountant ?? Sorry, I proved my toughness the real way, the way men in this country have been proving it for 230 years. I don't need to put on some spandex and swim in some cold bay, or ride a gay little bike to prove that I am tough.

To quote the great Kenny Powers:

 "I play real sports, not trying to be the best at exercising"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
New England, United States
Freelance writer and poet. Founder and Editor in Chief of Drunken Absurdity. President of Drunken Absurdity LLC

About This Blog

All media displayed on this site is the property of the originators, and I hold ownership only over my own media and those of Drunken Absurdity LLC






  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP